Social Media Lovers Give Thanks For The Digital Age.
Imagine what life would be like without the digital technology that has become part of our everyday lives. If this mere thought sends you into a state of panic, and upon reading this sentence you instinctively check your pocket for your phone, then this post is for you. You are the social media lovers.
Say what you will about the mobile movement, but even though people don’t talk to each other at bus stops or on elevators anymore, one of the great things about handheld devices is that they enable us to capture important moments of our lives.
As the Holidays approach, those special moments become more and more plentiful. It would be a shame not to utilize this technology to preserve and share magic moments of food, family, and fun.
To make sure you take advantage of all the ways technology can make your Thanksgiving even more memorable here is the code of digital conduct you must follow:
10 Thanksgiving Commandments for Digital and Social Media Lovers:
- I shall take tons of pictures with my phone.
- I shall follow a recipe on a digital device.
- I shall Pinterest every single plate on the table.
- I shall Instagram every special moment of the day.
- I shall Tweet things that I am thankful for.
- I shall Facebook a family picture.
- I shall Skype family members who are far away.
- I shall WhatsApp a friend late at night.
- I shall listen to a Pandora playlist.
- I shall Blog about the whole thing.
These commandments will also make your Thanksgiving preparations easier. Why spend hours creating a dinner playlist when you can put on a Norah Jones Pandora station?
Instead of digging up Nana’s old stuffing recipe, try a new one from one these 3 free Thanksgiving dinner apps.
Some people say that the digital age has resulted in people becoming less connected, but by following these commandments you can stay more connected with those near or far, share your family traditions and make new ones.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving and make sure to give thanks for the amazing technologies we are blessed with today.